National Network For Equal Opportunities
- A strategic alliance of Bulgarian nongovernmental organizations working for sustainable development and partnership between women and men.
- A structure, in which the partners' organizations are keeping their autonomy and collaborate without superiorities.
- A based on partnerships network, in which the independence and variety of opinions and viewpoints are recognized.
- An opened structure for womens' and other organizations from all the regions of the country as well as for persons with similar ideas.
- A self-managing structure, working on the principle "consensus minus one" and using WAD's organizational capacity.
The goals of NNEO are…
Establishing gender equality in the decision-making process of all levels, in accordance to the standards of the European Union and the international conventions of human rights.
Raising public awareness of social needs of different women's groups, existing gender inequality and discrimination.
Improving the dialogue and cooperation between the NGOs and central/local governments to attain more social justice.
Consolidating efforts and capacity of NNEO organizations for active civil participation and representation and more effective influence on social agenda.
NNEO works in…
Five permanent working groups formed within the framework of NNEO, based on NGO`s areas of interests:
- Poverty and social integration
- Civil participation
- Entrepreneurship, initiative
- Human rights, violence
- Health and environment